U-First! is a training program for professional caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
The U-First! Program will help you:
* Understand the behaviour changes in a person with dementia
* Flag possible changes seen in the person
* Interact with skill and understanding
* Reflect and report the behaviour
* Support the person with dementia and the family caregiver
* Learn how to involve the Team in caring for the person with dementia
What are the results of U-First! training?
* Increased awareness of the causes of behaviour in people
* Improved ability to handle situations that arise
* Increase teamwork with other staff
* Increased professionalism
* Increased ability to prevent responsive behaviours
* Reduced stress
Who should attend?
This cross-sector U-First! session is targeted to people working in:
* Developmental Services
* Community Support Agencies
* Seniors Services
* Long Term Care Homes
You will have an opportunity to network and share resources with people working in different sectors.
* Jennifer Sequeira, Regional Municipality of York, Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant
* Jane Scott, Reena, Learning & Development Supervisor
Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Newmarket Health Centre, 194 Eagle Street, Newmarket ON L3Y 1J6
Time: Registration open @ 8:30 a.m. Course runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $75.00 (includes Lunch, all materials, and a Certificate of
PLEASE NOTE there are 2 separate registration links depending on the sector you work in.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS. REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 15, 2013
Please direct any questions regarding this session to:
905.889.2690 ext. 2228
Please visit www.u-first.ca<http://www.u-first.ca> for more information.